As SaaS and Cloud based software solutions become the only show in town, the original software market, perpetually licensed on-premise software, is undergoing a radical transformational change. This change has opened a whole new sub industry targeting the support and maintenance fees mega-vendor publishers charge for the on-premise software – Third Party Software Maintenance (TPSM).
According to Gartner research the TPSM market, driven by a maturing of the on-premise product stack, has been growing steadily over the past five years with an average net new sales growth of 33% and is anticipated to grow from $351 million in 2019 to $1.05 billion by 2023 — a 200% increase.
Origina was founded with a vision to disrupt and open up a market that plays on confusion, contractual/licensing complexity and crude attempts at customer lock-in. Using a simple but unique software tool containing a comprehensive library of IBM product and licensing data Origina helps IBM software customers know what contracts they can cancel and what they need to keep. Those eligible to be cancelled can easily move to Origina for a superior, more flexible service at a fraction of the cost.
Privately held Origina won its first customer in 2015 and today has over 80 active customers. With an estimated 20,000 global organisations whose IBM software spend would warrant a conversation with Origina, the company wants to get 1,000 of them to join the Origina family as soon as possible. At current growth rates this will take 7-8 years. Our mission is to accelerate this growth and have 250 customers by the end of 2022 growing to 1,000 during 2025, 5 years from now!
- Origina has been recognized as the leading Third Party Software Maintenance provider for IBM software by both Gartner and Forrester Research
- Total revenue in FY 2019 was $11.4 million, up 76% yoy, and is expected to be $18m in 2020, growing to $30m in FY 2021
- Global headquarters – Dublin, Ireland. US office – Dallas, Texas
More importantly, about you…
As Head of Pre-Sales, you will possess detailed knowledge of Origina’s service offering and the industry in which we participate. You will be at the forefront of international customer engagements showcasing the value-add support Origina has to offer.
You are driven by your very DNA to ensure that customers receive a world-class service and be proud of the service Origina offers in the marketplace. You will display exemplary gravitas in your delivery and articulation of our offering during presentations. You will co-ordinate each sales opportunity through to closure to ensure that all technical, contractual, licensing and operational concerns are addressed by our team for the customer.
The right candidate will be customer focused, entrepreneurial, and will have a proven track record in a similar role. This is a very exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing and highly disruptive market.
- Use a consultative selling approach to gain a strong understanding of the client’s needs, their relationship with IBM, their future needs relating to each IBM product, their support needs, potential blockers to a deal (and how to mitigate them) and an understanding of what success would look like
- Co-ordinate and manage all technical pre-sales activity including, where necessary, the involvement of our IBM® subject matter experts (GIEs) to demonstrate the strong technical expertise of the team.
- Co-ordinate technical pre sales calls with the client platform owners including; identifying the goals of client calls, drafting the agenda, expectation setting with the client and internal preparation.
- Build a rapport and a good working relationship with the client technical owners, platform owners and related stakeholders
- Link all of the operational teams together (Licensing, Technical Council, IBM® Subject Matter Experts, Technical Support, Legal & Contract, Talent Management) to ensure that all customer queries relating to our service are answered promptly and appropriately.
- Deliver detailed presentations to prospects showcasing how Origina support works.
- Continually look for potential blockers to a deal and come up with a mitigation plan to close down the blocker at the earliest opportunity.
- Maintain all technical related information in the Origina deal management system including customer plans for each product, deployed versions, technical blockers and other salient technical information pertaining to the opportunity.
- Analyse each prospective customers IBM support case history to identify pain-points and recurring themes. Present this analysis back to the customer to demonstrate confidence in Origina’s servicing offering.
- Collate "customer success" stories from our teams which demonstrate the unique value of Origina’s support which can be used as part of the sales process to correctly articulate our value proposition.
- Manage the successful transition for sales opportunities through to the customer onboarding process ensuring that all required information has been captured, verified and reviewed to ensure a smooth handover.
- Ensure that products are "Vetted" (License & Product) to ensure that we can support them.
- Co-ordinate sales handover to the support teams to ensure that all important information relating to the deal is handed over to ensure a smooth onboarding journey for the customer.
- Ensure all risks are highlighted to contract management team to ensure they can be captured, and countermeasures are included at negotiation stage.
- Challenge status quo and find more efficient ways to do things & suggestions on how to improve the interaction with sales team
- Co-ordinate with marketing and content management to maintain our pre-sales collateral portfolio
- Ensure that all relevant opportunity information is captured in our systems.
- Capture important "intelligence" on market trends and IBM products which support the sales process.
- Participate as part of the Feedback Loop in capturing the needs of our customers and help shape our service offering so that we can continue to delivery fantastic support for our clients.
- Assist with any complex queries that arise from customers which the sales team require assistance.
- Possess strong cross industry knowledge of IBM & HCL software products and the IBM Passport Advantage programme
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a similar technical pre-sales/customer success role.
- Experience in partnering with executive-level cross-functional stakeholders.
- Professionalism, planning, organising, problem solving, able to deal with several tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, negotiation, influencing, listening, presentation and communication skills.
- Appreciation of the customer, their needs and how to meet them creatively.
- Maintain a holistic overview of complex situations and deal effectively with difficult issues when they arise.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Other Desired Qualifications
- University degree or similar
- Formal management/IT consulting training and experience
- Professional Sales training
- Honesty and integrity
- High personal drive, resilience, and energy
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong team player who is able to work effectively across a matrix organisation
- Very attractive salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 5% Pension after 6 months