As SaaS and Cloud based software solutions become the only show in town, the original software market, perpetually licensed on-premise software, is undergoing a radical transformational change. This change has opened a whole new sub industry targeting the support and maintenance fees mega-vendor publishers charge for the on-premise software – Third Party Software Maintenance (TPSM).
According to Gartner research the TPSM market, driven by a maturing of the on-premise product stack, has been growing steadily over the past five years with an average net new sales growth of 33% and is anticipated to grow from $351 million in 2019 to $1.05 billion by 2023 — a 200% increase.
Origina was founded with a vision to disrupt and open a market that plays on confusion, contractual/licensing complexity and crude attempts at customer lock-in. Using a simple but unique software tool containing a comprehensive library of IBM product and licensing data Origina helps IBM software Customers know what contracts they can cancel and what they need to keep. Those eligible to be cancelled can easily move to Origina for a superior, more flexible service at a fraction of the cost.
Privately held Origina won its first customer in 2015 and today has over 80 active customers. With an estimated 20,000 global organizations whose IBM software spend would warrant a conversation with Origina, the company wants to get 1,000 of them to join the Origina family as soon as possible. At current growth rates this will take 7-8 years. Our mission is to accelerate this growth and have 250 customers by the end of 2022 growing to 1,000 during 2025, 5 years from now!
Origina has been recognized as the leading Third Party Software Maintenance provider for IBM software by both Gartner and Forrester Research
More importantly, about you…
As a result of further expansion due to high value Customer acquisitions, we are now hiring in the Dallas area for the role of Bilingual (Spanish & English) Technical Support Specialist.
The right candidate will be customer-focused, possess excellent organizational and communication skills. This is a very exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing and highly disruptive market.
- Provide world-class troubleshooting and technical support for globally based Customers
- Provide high-quality support in both Spanish & English, clear and precise documentation of Customer environments architectural / infrastructural design & configuration, associated project management & delivery, consultancy and post-support tasks as required for our Customers
- Communication of Customer IT environment health and critical issues
- Possess excellent Customer communication skills
- Follow up with Customers to ensure that their issues are satisfactorily addressed
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels across the business
- Ensure understanding of underlying IT issues and assist / identify what needs to be done to resolve problems
- Manage and track all support issues and ensure the appropriate technical individuals or teams are identified and informed so that a resolution can be implemented
- Ensure Customer satisfaction when handling an incident – actively supporting the Customer and keeping them up to date though-out an incident lifecycle
- Ensure that all Service Level Agreements (SLA) between Origina and the Customers are adhered to when managing multiple incidents
- Actively learn and develop individual skills and abilities with the support of the senior technical team
- Provide out of hours cover as necessary for Customer support issues. Additional payment will be made for fielding calls as per current rates
- Maintain a mind-set of continuous improvement through working practices and Customer satisfaction
- Provide coaching and mentoring to fellow team members to develop high potential members of the team
- Work closely with the sales team to identify and develop new services and solutions for our Customers
- Keep up to date on industry best practices in the areas that Origina specializes in
- Define a skills development plan in conjunction with your manager and implement accordingly
- Ensure Customer documentation (site reports, project documentation, user manuals etc.) is kept on the shared drive and is up to date
- At all times represent the Company in a professional manner to maintain Origina’s world-class brand in the marketplace
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on completion of services work
- Manage your own time keeping in accordance with the Company rules & regulations
- Participate as a team member in an environment based on open communication, trust, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
Other Desired Qualifications
- Understanding of IT
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to details
- Spanish language is nice to have
- Honesty and integrity
- High personal drive and energy
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong team player able to work effectively across a matrix organization
- Attractive salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Health Insurance